Logo - Small Wisconsin Map highlighting Area 75
Alcoholics Anonymous in Southern Wisconsin
Alcoholic’s Anonymous – Area 75
Alcoholic’s Anonymous – Area 75
11:30 am, 1/18/09
Winter Service Assembly
Madison Senior Center


2009 Winter Service Assembly

Nancy H., Area Chairperson; Stu E, Delegate; John B, Alt Delegate/Literature; JD O., Secretary ; Cynthia H., Alt Secretary; Todd U., Treasurer; Doreen H., Alt. Treasurer

George P., Grapevine Chair; George B., Conf. Adv. Com. Chair; Ken N., Corrections Chair; Randy R., CPC Chair; Eric S., PI Chair; Fred K., Treatment Chair; Lee Ann F., Special Needs Chair; David K., Archives Chair; Nancy S., Archivist; Kathy W., Registrar

D1-Tom N.; D2-Clyde M.; D3-Marv S.; D6-Brenda W.; D8- Bridgett A.; D9-Ted K.; D11-Ric C.; D12- Terry H.; D13 Leslie F.; D15-Brent W.; D16- Theresa W.; D17-Rob H.;D20-Brent B.; D23-James B.; D24-Matt K.; D25-Les M.;D27-Marty S.; D28-Dave F.; D29-Mike T.; D30-Ken G.; D32-John C.; D34-Drew W.;D36-Alt DCM

D1-Margala H., Jeanette S., Donna J; D2-Gina N, Jan B., Bob T., Denise E., John A.; D3-Lori S, Jarrod S., D4; D6; D7; D8; D9; D10; D11-Dennis B; D12-Mary R, Harry G, Cathi W., Todd W; D13-Sylvia Y., Donna W, Ken Y.; D14-Frank S., Diane E.; D15-Clay K.,; D16-Dick H., Tom M., Patty L.,D17-Linda N., Mark S., Jim R.; D19; D20-Mike B., Kit B., Eric H., Jeanette Z.; D22-Julie L., Megan P.; D24-Chris J., Jarred R., Phyllis R.;D25-Ted J., Nicole S., Emos B., Jeff Z., George B.; D27-Michael G.; D28-Tom S., Jim K.; D29-Lynn G., Kent L.; D30-Greg K.; D31; D32-George D., Jim E., Dale M., Howard P., William S., Rick M., Kari E.; D34-Linda Y., JoAnn K., Christiano H., Crystal L., Jody W., Chris L., Erin J.; D35; D36-Pete W., Dennis L.; Unknown District – Mark V., Aaron H., David E.

D1-Joe S., Art B.; D12-Carl C.; D13-Diane P.; D16–Kathy M.; D24-Pamela N., Jeremy J.; D29-Dennis D.; D32-David O.; D34-Erin J., Tami R.

OTHERS PRESENT: Past Delegates: John B., Joan J., Bill A., Ken G., Jo Mc., Nancy G.; Ruth G. – Conf. Advisory Committee, Fall 2008 Conf. Chair – Annette D., Spring Conf. 2009 Chair – Dennis L., Fall Conf. Chair 2009 – Jeff Z., Spring Conf. 2010 Chair – Robert S., Spring Conf .2011 Chair – Ken N.; Central Offices – Milwaukee Central Office, MAICO; Visitors – Ray K., Jason G. (D15), Michael W.(D15), Rodney S.(D15), Jeff P.(D15), Sara J (D2), Joel B (D30), Rich H. (Area 20), Cheryl G (D12), Kerry T (D32), Jim D. (D2), Patrick Z (D24), Scott N., Rose K. (D2), Don S. (D6), June B. (D24).


Review of minutes from the Fall Conference in Fond du Lac. Minutes approved and passed.

Registrar – Kathy W
Kathy was asked by GSO that information be sent to the local registrar for new groups and changing group information as opposed to sending info directly to GSO. Area 75 District Information will be listed in the database. Please send updates to Kathy via email or mail.


In December I met with the rest of the incoming and outgoing chairs at the hand off meeting. Area budgets were submitted to me at or around January 2nd, 2009. The finance committee met one week prior to the area meeting. The positions of Treasury Chair and Secretary were filled. The meeting was held to discuss and vote on the budgets submitted by the area chairs. Questions about the budgets were raised and it was decided that the treasurer would go over the budgets with each chair on an individual basis. The finance committee met at the area meeting and did a final check of each departments budget as well as approving last years final checks from the last finance committee. I would like to thank the area for electing me to the Treasurers position.

Area 75 Treasurer
Todd U

Mileage rate has increased from GSO to $0.415 per mile.

Overall there was significant amount of income from the conferences, but we still spent less than we took in excluding conference proceeds. In the budgeted vs. actuals the amount spent was under the budgeted amount. Our actuals for the past year were $16K, but our budget was $23K.

Question from the floor: Regarding the past prudent reserve. The prudent was $4,000.00, but per assembly action the amount was raised to $5,000.00.

Question from the floor: Asking if an audit has been performed for 2008.
At this point an audit has not been performed for 2008 by the past treasurer.

The report for 2008 was approved by the Assembly.






Current Assets

Cash in Checking-M&I


Prudent Reserve-M&I


Cash-Count On Us


Cash - Rainbow Can


A/R-Conference Seed Money



Total Current Assets



Total Assets




Current Liabilities


Total Current Liabilities



Total Liabilities



Retained Earnings


Net Income



Total Capital



Total Liabilities & Capital







2008 Actual YTD

2008 Total Budget

2008 Variance YTD












Alt. Delegate/Lit.



































Public Info.










Spcl. Needs










Alt. Chair





Alt. Secretary





Alt. Treasurer





Archives Chair










COU Literature


Rainbow Literature




Conference Seed Money

Spring 2009


(Hotel deposit = $1500)

Fall 2009





This Year

Last Year

Year to Date
This Year

Year to Date
Last Year


Group Contributions





Conference Proceeds





Other Income









Total Revenues










Bank Charges





Conference Booth Fee





GSO Fees






























Misc/Office Expense















Registration Fees










Archives Rent










Web Site














Total Expenses









Net Income










REVENUE - Rainbow & COU

Group Contributions - Rainbow





Grp Contribution - Count On Us





EXPENSES - Rainbow & COU

Literature - Rainbow/COU





Budget for 2009

The Finance Committee reviewed the budget numbers for 2009. Anything with more than a 10% increase needs approval by the Assembly. The following budgets need to be approved by the Assembly.

Delegate – committee approved budget, needs approval from the Assembly as it exceeds 10%. Motion to approve the budget for $3,931.32. Approved by the Assembly by a simple verbal vote.

Alt Delegate/Literature – committee approved the budget due to the increase relating to regional activity and an increase in mileage as well as lodging and meals. Since the $2,423.00 exceeds 10% it needs approval from Assembly. Approved by the Assembly by a simple verbal vote.

Chairperson - $500 increase from last year to $1,899.00 due to more regional activities. This increase is primarily due to an increase in office expenses and postage. Approved by the Assembly by a simple verbal vote.

Secretary – Asking $1,795.80, increases are due lodging, meals, mileage and a toner replacement and an increase in postage money. Approved by the Assembly by a simple verbal vote..

Special Needs – Asking for $1,039.00 exceeds 10% increase from the previous year. Increase due to inflationary costs and increase at conferences. Approved by the Assembly by a simple verbal vote.

Alternate Chair – Asking for $816.69 an increase exceeding 10% this year, but it is in-line with the 2007 budget and has to update the Assembly Action manuals this year and has greater distance of travel. Approved by the Assembly by a simple verbal vote.

Archives Chair – Asking for $804 an increase exceeding 10% this year. Increase due to inflationary costs from travel, lodging, and meals. Approved by the Assembly by a simple verbal vote.

Last year’s budget was $25K, but we only spent $17K – if possible ry to budget and spend accordingly.


Good morning and welcome all. A special welcome is extended to all of our new GSR’s and DCM’s, as well as to new area officers and standing committee chairs. We have some returning faces and some brand new ones, an excellent start to another year of service to A.A. in southern Wisconsin, or Area 75 as we know it. Speaking of welcomes, I would also like to welcome and recognize the Interim Director of Greater Milwaukee Central Office, Jim B. Jim will be giving a report on behalf of the office, a first at this assembly in quite a few years. We also welcome the representatives of all our other central and intergroup offices. Though having separate service responsibilities from Area 75, our districts and groups do desire to hear news and updates from the offices. This is a great place to share those items.

I have the honor and the privilege this term of serving you as your Area 75 Delegate. My duties are well described in the A.A. Service Manual and in the Area 75 Assembly Actions. The latter can be found online under Area Business on the website www.area75.org . My most important duties involve representing this area at the General Service Conference in New York later this spring and in reporting the results back to you after that conference. I will also be out and about alongside you and our membership as we carry A.A.’s message of experience, strength, and hope forward together. In the leadership role prescribed for the Area Delegate, you will find me to be more proactive than some Past Delegates, maybe more or less involved than others. I shall do my best to serve you all equally, with a degree of genuine working humility, and to be well prepared when it comes to those matters you have told me are important to you.

The 2009-2010 term will see the 59th General Service Conference, beginning on April 26th. As such, this term is called Panel 59. Historically, the trusted servants of this panel or term have the opportunity and the privilege of being in their second year of service at the time of the 75th anniversary of the founding of A.A. and the 60th General Service Conference. Coincidentally, 2010 will be the 60th anniversary of the death of co-founder Dr. Bob S. It will also be the year of an International Convention to be held in San Antonio July 1-4, 2010. I have assigned the responsibility of regular reporting on updated info on that conference to our Alternate Delegate, John B. And I ask our Area 75 Chair to provide him a moment or two for those additional reports at the end of our regular series of conference committee reports later in each assembly’s agenda.

I apologize in advance for the length of today’s report, but a great deal has transpired since we last met. You deserve to learn the information I have summarized below. My report at the next Assembly will be shorter.

Now, some news from the General Service Office and from the General Service Board:
  1. The GSO has a new General Manager. Phyllis H., a Past Delegate and Past Trustee from the Pacific Region who calls Olympia, WA home. She succeeds Greg M. in that position. I look forward to meeting Phyllis in April.
  2. The Grapevine magazine projects a financial loss in 2009. Because the Gv has an obligation to be self-supporting through subscription and other sales, expect a significant subscription price increase effective July 1st. A subscription cost of $27.00 per year is projected.
  3. In 2010, the 60th General Service Conference will be held in Rye, NY, not Manhattan. Cost factors and a new and uncooperative management at the Crowne Plaza Manhattan Hotel have been cited as the reasons for the move.
  4. The 2020 A.A. International Convention is expected to be held in Detroit.
  5. Our own Area 75 Literature Committee’s proposal for a revision to the wording of Pamphlet P-24, “A Newcomer Asks” will be moving forward to the agenda of the 2009 General Service Conference, along with a Trustee’s Literature committee suggestion to the Conference Literature Committee calling for “a thorough review of the pamphlet”.
  6. Other items too numerous to detail are well along in their path to placement on the GSC agenda. So it is VITAL that we support those efforts through our own participation in The Area 75 Delegate’s Workshop on March 29th at 9:00 a.m. at the Madison Senior Center.
  7. On October 26-29, 2008, representatives attended the World Service Meeting on our behalf. About sixty-five countries sent representatives.

I have with me a copy of the November 2009 Minutes of the General Service Board for those who wish additional information.

My activities since January 1 include:
  1. Beginning the New Year with an Alkathon in Sheboygan.
  2. A meeting and thorough discussion of service and of common interests with the Interim Director of Greater Milwaukee Central Office.
  3. Visiting District 12’s annual elections.
  4. Attending the excellent Tri-District Workshop in Waukesha.
  5. Beginning to prepare for this year’s General Service Conference and a discussion with the Conference Coordinator at the GSO. I have been assigned to the report and Charter Committee. That committee involves itself with the content of the A.A. Service Manual, the directories, the GSC Final Report and the Conference Charter.

Activities planned for the near future include:
  1. Participation in a panel on A.A. Service at the upcoming WICYPAAA Convention in late January.
  2. Attending the ECR Conference of Delegates Past and present in Springfield, Il along with our Area 75 Alternate Delegate and some of our Past Delegates.
  3. Attendance at the annual Waldo Intergroup.
  4. Participating in a mid-March workshop in Madison to be hosted by the ICYPAA Bid Committee.
  5. Several other group and district functions.
  6. I plan to hold most of the District Committee visits until after the general Service Conference, so as to be financially responsible with those travel dollars. Though if any of our DCM’s have pressing needs for me to visit earlier, please contact me.
  7. And, a VERY important item: I hope to see ALL of you and more at the Area 75 Delegate’s Workshop to be conducted here on March 29th. I have a preliminary GSC Agenda, and this workshop will be your opportunity to make input to me on that actual agenda items. We will again be using the actual General Service Conference Background Information, which I expect to receive in mid-February. That will be disseminated to our Alternate Delegate in its entirety and to our Standing Committee Chairs as applicable. I promise you a day tailor made for YOUR participation! All members of the Area Committee, including DCM’s should be there, and I hope all GSR’s and any other interested members will also come.

Now, a matter of deep concern to me and, I hope, to you too:
It was said last term at this podium that here in Area 75, our service structure is broken. It hurt me to hear that and I trust it hurts many of you. Attendance is down at some of our assemblies from a few years ago. Many of our regular members have little or no interest in the activities of our service committees. Some view participation in service to this Fellowship as a dull chore or as “political”. There is apathy and lack of understanding in many places. Those things have a cost in less discussion of our basics like the Twelve Traditions, how to be a sponsor, how to do a 12th Step call, and how to even work the 12 Steps. Yet in some districts, members and service are vital and thriving. In fact, some districts are accomplishing more grassroots 12th Step work than ever before. So, where do we go from here?

I am concerned because, without this “society of alcoholics in action” which we call A.A., I would most likely be dead some time ago. So its health is a matter of importance to me personally as a member. I expect more than a few of you can say the same.

Well, last term’s Area 75 Chair made a solid start toward gearing these meetings more towards what you find to be most important. Agendas have been revised. Our current Area 75 Chair continues to look for new ways to make that revitalization continue.

Now, I am asking all of you to reflectively consider what you would like to see done here in addition to the common business of our groups, districts, and the area, to which we must attend. I am asking that every single member lay aside any of the “self-driven” behaviors like impatience, intolerance, dislike of any other members, or any willingness to take the other guy’s inventory before we take our own. I am asking that we proceed with a new attitude and a new outlook, a renewed spiritually founded willingness to roll up our sleeves and to pitch in wherever we can help advance A.A.’s vital service work. I am asking in the months between now and the Area Inventory that we will take at our Fall Conference that we re-dedicate ourselves to the notion that our common welfare must come first, just as it says in Tradition One. To do this, we will especially need our second-year DCM’s and our experienced GSR’s to participate fully through area proposals, through initiating some very open, honest discussions on matters of concern like agenda and the future of our conferences , and through teaching the newer members of the Assembly what it is we do here and how we do it. This Assembly must come to more fully reflect the needs and the wants of its members at ALL levels, not just those at the leadership level. So, if we were to name a theme for this term, I would hope we would choose “Our Common Welfare” as that theme … and that we act accordingly, placing principles first.

That does it for now. I extend my apologies again for the length of this initial report.

Yours in Recovery and Service,

Stu E.
Panel 59 Area 75 (So. WI)

Activities since election have included

The Madison Senior Center will be closed for renovation this summer. Dates they would have had available were either too soon following our May Spring Conference or to close to our September Pre-Conference Assembly. We have made arrangements to hold our Summer Service Meeting on the original scheduled date, June 28, 2009, at the Monona Community Center, 1011 Nichols Rd., Monona, WI.

According to our conference guidelines bids for conferences should be made 3 years in advance. Please consider hosting the Spring 2012 conference. Bid forms are available on the area web site or contact the Conference Advisory Committee Chair. Acceptance of bids will be on the April Pre-conference Assembly agenda.

Based on input at the area inventory held last fall we will be seeing two videos, available from GSO, later this afternoon. Please contact me if you have something you would be interested in having for a presentation at our summer service meeting.

The new procedure that we are using for the first time at this meeting has submitted proposals going to the related standing committee. If the proposal does not relate to a standing committee it goes to the Agenda Committee. The Agenda committee is comprised of the Area 75 Chair (myself), Area 75 Delegate (Stu E.), a past Area 75 Delegate (Nancy G.) and 4 current DCM’s. The following DCM’s have agreed to serve on the committee: D3 – Marv S., D19 – John S., D27 – Marty S. and D36 Barb W. No proposals were submitted for this meeting that needed to go to the Agenda Committee.

Yours in service, Nancy H.

Good Morning! My name is Grapevine Guy and I’m an alcoholic.
Actually, my name is George and I am your panel 59 Grapevine Chair. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve the fellowship in Area 75.
In the 17 days that I have been Grapevine Chair, I have done the following:
  1. I searched the AA web page for guidelines for Grapevine Committees and came up dry. Dry is good but sober is better.
  2. I attended the District 25 Grapevine Committee meeting in Fond du Lac last Thursday. They are planning a District Grapevine Event in late May or early June and they’d like to invite Robin B., the editor of the Grapevine. My gratitude goes out to Dave D. and the other Grapevine Reps in D-25 for allowing me to participate in their meeting and I look forward to being of service in any way I can.
  3. I went through the three tubs of “stuff” that Nancy G. gave me at the transition meeting. I managed to find a sheet that told me what I’m supposed to do.
One of my duties is to “Present a Grapevine Display at all Area Assemblies, conferences and BY REQUEST at District Workshops and other service events.” I have set up a display on one of the back tables and hope to improve upon it as time passes. Please do not help yourself to the books, CDs and other Grapevine products. They are there as part of the display.
Another of my duties is to “attend all Area assemblies, conferences, workshops and District meetings.” I promise to be at all assemblies and conferences. The workshops and District Meetings will be your responsibility. “If you ask him, he will come.” That’s my motto. I expected to get more invitations to districts when I was delegate. Hopefully, some of you will take the opportunity to allow me to share my experience, strength and hope regarding AA service and the AA Grapevine, “OUR MEETING IN PRINT”!
Thank you for the privilege of allowing me to serve.

--George P., Area 75 Grapevine Chair.


My name is Ken Nicholson , Corrections chair Area75. January 18th ,2009 report.

Since I’ve been Area Corrections chair I've had several contacts from inside inmates which will be getting out this year. I've contacted the Districts DCM's and their contact people.

Also it has been brought to my attention that the Rainbow cans are being used for collecting money in different Groups and none is being sent to the Area. It seems to me that the Groups could send the Area some money out of the cans once in awhile. I know what it says on the label, to use in the district's if needed ,but if no money is coming into the Area the rest of the Districts will be hurting and the cans will become very hard to come by in the future.

DCM's if you could please provide me with all the information about your Corrections chairs ,writers and volunteers for corrections it would be very helpful for my duties

Also if anyone would like me to come to a workshop or an AA event please try and let me know as soon as possible as my schedule is very busy.

Also George P. and I will be setting up the workshops in the four zones that Marty S. and Nancy G . had been doing.

We had 12 people at the Corrections Committee meeting this morning.

Respectfully your Trusted Servant

Ken N.
Question from the floor: Asked if it is possible to get a list of literature going into the facilities so that Corrections is accountable and to try get the groups involved. Ken N. agreed to provide a list of facilities and literature.

CPC CHAIR – Randy R.
I would like to thank the members of Area 75 for the opportunity to serve and the confidence they have extended to me through this appointment. I would like to recognize my predecessor, Cheryl M. for the exemplary organizational information that she passed on to me leading to an easy transition into this new role. One of my first orders of business will be to update the DCM contact list in order to find out who the District CPC’s are and develop a reliable process for communication. My second order of business is to seek new volunteers to be on the Area 75 CPC committee. My third order of business is to ask for a volunteer to be the Area 75 Alternate CPC. Mary R. from District 12 has graciously stepped forward to fill the position. Thank You Mary.

The CPC standing committee meeting had a total of nine CPC’s attend and the districts present were 12, 16, 32, 30 13 and 3. We discussed our positives and negatives that the CPC chairs encounter, and ended by having a very productive meeting and the outlook is bright. My goal is to continue the honored traditions of AA and to further demonstrate dedication in carrying the AA message to the professionals who come into contact with those who still suffer. In accordance with AA’s Twelve Traditions, guidance from GSO, and dedicated others from the District CPC committee chairs. I am confident that we can assure continuation of this most needed education through communication and the development of relationships in our communities.

I am looking forward to an exciting year. A recent invitation to the Area CPC to display the literature table and answer questions at the first AA at the VA Conference was successful with many professionals asking questions and taking literature of interest. Along with the CPC committee, I will collaborate with District 20 concerning the annual WAAODA Conference in Madison to carry the CPC message to licensed alcohol and drug counselors throughout our state. I will work to connect with and support the District 34 and 32 “Take a Professional to Lunch Bunch”. As CPC I plan on learning more and becoming involved in the DUI court in Waukesha County and possibly Walworth County if invited. The Area 75 CPC was also invited to exhibit at the First Annual Women Veterans Health Fair in Milwaukee, more details to follow. It will be my goal as the Area 75 CPC to inspire, train and bring a new focus for CPC interest in the outer regions through attendance at those district meetings. The goal for this activity is to recruit new volunteers and explore new contact opportunities for future presentations and exhibits in these districts.

I plan to attend both the Spring and Fall Conferences and expect to learn more about service and its rewards. It is my hope to visits numerous district meetings in Area 75.

Respectfully Submitted
Randy R., CPC Chair Area 75

PI CHAIR – Eric S.
A total of 8 members attended the meeting presenting districts throughout the Area.

Role and responsibilities of GSA, Are, and District regarding the PI process were discussed at length. How to coordinate with as opposed to against the Central Offices and Intergroups were discussed.

Specific programs developing in Districts were discussed.

Activity Moving Forward:
  1. Develop a format to share “Best Practices.”
  2. Setup a blog for PI
  3. Develop an information page for Area 75 website


Our committee met, discussed possible ways to carry the message. Goals, get in group homes an d assisted living and retirement homes if needed.

We need help opening doors as well as carrying the message. Need help getting Big Books inside VA hospitals as well as starting meetings.

We will be contacting treatment coordinators in Corrections Facilities.

I’m ready and willing to travel to any District Meeting. Looking for your input, needs, and support.

Love & Service,
Fred K.


Met with D34 Special Needs Chair and Area 75 Registrar Kathy W.

Our loaned headsets are located and I will meet with the person who has them so I can retrieve them and give them to the Spring 2009 Conference Special Needs Chair.

I will be in contact with DCM’ to learn which Districts have Special Needs Chairs and which do not. My goal is to be of assistance to existing Special Needs Chairs and help recruit for those Districts that do not have a Special Needs Chair. I hope to meet more Special Needs Chairs at our next Area Meeting.

I have been invited to attend District 27’s meeting. Please contact me to attend your District Meetings if I may be of service.

Respectfully submitted,
Lee Ann F.

My name is David K., and I’m an alcoholics. I now hold this position because, I know first hand how important the history of AA is in living in sobriety. Im learning how this was all started, and how this is still functioning today. Without service work, my sobriety means nothing. I have no direction without it. The alcoholics Anonymous archives needs to be preserved and guarded for the generations to come. Im here to learn, and to serve the groups, districts, and the area, as just another drunk who now today is sober, and has a purpose in this fellowship. I will be available to you, to come to your groups and district meetings, to share archives information. My home phone is (414)777-0265. My cell phone is (414)333-4948. We will not know where we are going, if we don’t know where we are. We cant know where we are, if we don’t know where we have been.

Thank you.
David K., Archives Chair


The 4th Annual Archives Movie Day will be Sunday, September 13, 2009 from noon – 4:30. It will be held in the Archives Room. The location is: Holy Assumption School / Between 71st & 72nd Orchard St. West Allis 53219 Downstairs of School Building. The Movie Schedule: 12:00 House Full of Miracles; Intermission; 1:00 I’ll Cry Tomorrow (1955) Cast: Susan Hayward, Richard Conte, Eddie Albert, Jo Van Fleet, Don Taylor, Ray Danton. Biographical film that tells the story of Lillian Roth, who battled alcoholism as she worked her way to Broadway stardom. After her fall from fame to a booze-hazy existence on L.A.'s Skid Row, she fought her way back with the help of Alcoholics Anonymous. 3:45 Humor in Recovery by Father Joseph C. Martin. -who also was in Chalk Talk- 4:00 Raffle: To Uphold AA Traditions only AA Members May Purchase 50¢ Raffle Tickets. You do not have to be present to win. There will be Brats, chips, popcorn, and chocolate chip cookies for sale. Flyers will be coming soon and it will also be on the Area 75 Web site.

Our Archives room has been open since January 8, 2006. We are now starting our 4th year. Although we don’t have people coming every time we are open, it is very gratifying to meet those that do visit. A familiar comment we hear is, “Wow, I never thought you had this amount of history.” Remember this is your Archives room, I just keep it organized. So come in and see what you have. Dave, our new Area 75 Archives Chair and I are trying to work out a schedule so that we can have the Archives room open every Sunday starting this Spring.

We have a good amount of AA history, GSO publications, and Area 75 documents, but the District binders are growing because you send in the materials. Please continue, or begin, to have your Archives Chair, or an appointed person, send the following: District minutes, Flyers for district functions and any handouts at the function, District meeting lists, and anything else that pertains to your district. Please have full dates on all materials including the year. To maintain anonymity I delete phone numbers, addresses, and last names for binders that are displayed and the original is kept in a confidential binder. If possible please send materials to me in word format. My e-mail address changed about a year ago so I want to make sure everyone has my correct address. aanancy@att.net

In 1990 Daily Reflections was published. The fellowship was encouraged to submit their writings. We have an A.A> member with us today who had 8 of his manuscripts accepted and were printed in Daily Reflections. This morning during the Archives committee meeting this member donated his book of Daily Reflections he received hot off the press in 1990 and his correspondence with GSO. If want to thank Bob T. for his contribution.

Thank you for allowing me to continue to serve you.
Nancy S.
Area 75 Archivist

I would like to welcome those of you who are attending your first Area 75 meeting. I hope that it has been a positive experience for you and that you in turn will encourage others from your home group and districts to attend.

In addition to serving as the Area 75 Alternate Delegate, I also serve as your Area 75 Literature Chair. I will keep you informed of new developments and changes to the conference approved literature available from A.A. World Services Inc.

I’ve been asked by our previous Literature Chair, Stu E. to mention that the recommendation from last year’s committee has been forwarded by the Trustees Literature Committee for action by the 2009 General Service Conference. The recommendation is a suggestion that wording similar to: “Obtain and begin to study a copy of the Big Book” be added to the pamphlet P-24, “A Newcomer Asks” under the existing heading: “What advice do you give to new members?”

The 2009 General Service Conference will also be considering a manuscript for a pamphlet titled: “The AA Member – Medications & Other Drugs” as well as further discussion on “AA for the Native North American”.

Pending: I’m excited to report that a recommendation to create a pamphlet to address the needs of the “Military Veteran Suffering from Alcoholism” has been placed on the agenda for consideration by the groups and districts of Area 75. The proposal was submitted by Tom M., who is the outside AA sponsor the VA facility in Milwaukee.

I have registered for the upcoming East Central Region Conference of Delegates Past and Present to be held in Springfield, IL in February. I hope to come away with a better understanding of the committee process utilized by our General Service Conference at New York.

I available to attend district meetings as your Area Literature Chair if you would like and I look forward to seeing all of you again at the upcoming “Delegates Workshop”, held here at the Madison Senior Center on March 29, 2009.

In Service,

John B. - Panel 59 Alternate Delegate & Literature Chair
Proposal for literature for the Veteran pamphlet recommended to be placed on the Agenda for Area 75.

ALT CHAIR – Nancy H. for Nancy B.

I am unable to attend today’s meeting due to an unforeseen medical issue. However I do have a brief report regarding the AREA 75 ASSEMBLY ACTIONS.

All incoming chairs and committee members, including DCM’s should have received a copy of the AREA 75 ASSEMBLY ACTIONS from the out going chair or committee member. If you have not received this please contact your predecessor to find out if they have it to pass along to you as copies of the AREA 75 ASSEMBLY ACTIONS cost the Area approximately $19.00 to print and bind. Also keep in mind that the AREA 75 ASSEMBLY ACTIONS are available on-line at www.area75.org. If you do not receive a copy and still wish to have a hard copy, please contact me at Nbaddaker@wi.rr.com as soon as possible and I will have them available at the Pre-Conference Assembly on 4/19.

Also, please remember to take your copies of the updates to the AREA 75 ASSEMBLY ACTIONS before leaving today. These pages replace the current pages in your ASSEMBLY ACTIONS.

Thank you.


We have all the members of District 12, surrounding communities, and Area 75 to thank for the support of another financially profitable conference. And of course, we cannot forget our gratitude to the Holiday Inn, Fond du Lac for their cooperation and great service to our requests. At the same time, we recognize the fact that the success of Alcoholics Anonymous is not that of financial gain, but of carrying the message of recovery to suffering alcoholics. Without a doubt, that was our greatest accomplishment by some of the responses I received from those in attendance.

The planning of this conference began three years prior to the actual dates of the conference. During the first year, I began by holding an informational meeting inviting all District 12 members to express their interest. At this meeting, I made clear the responsibilities of each conference committee position and gathered a contact list. Several members offered their help in certain areas. By the end of the year, I had selected members to fill all positions and made a date for our first meeting at the suggested twenty-four months prior to the approximate conference time in Fall. I was very diligent about sticking to the suggested schedule, as it was well worth it. Past conference experience shared by others was that we should never allow ourselves to get behind. My suggestion…STICK TO THE GUIDELINES AND SCHEDULE!!! I was amazed at how each committee member fit their position and how much they each brought to the table in enthusiasm and creativity. They are the ones’ who did the work. I thank God for his guidance of finding the right people for the right job. We had turnover of only two committee members early in the planning. As Chairperson, I tried to keep discussion in order and flowing in a timely manner. Brainstorming was a great tool. Constant encouragement, open-mindedness, and information and good communication flow by email and phone kept everyone in synchronization.
There were two areas that had misunderstandings. First, I failed to give a list of our guests’ names to registration and what meals they would get so that they would have nametags and packets available at the conference. That was easily remedied on site. Second, we had decided to pay some expenses for the Alateen speaker and chaperone/sponsor. Because the speaker changed a few days before the conference, so did the circumstances of who was attending. The Guidelines are not specific for Alateen, especially regarding the need for a companion and their expenses. To my knowledge, all needs were satisfied. It was also of great benefit to the hotel staff at the front desk to have a list of the guests we were responsible for paying the expenses of for the rooms. Besides that, being thorough and timely made for an incredibly smooth-running conference.

We anticipated a lower attendance because of the recessing state of the economy and also because there had been such a large attendance at the Spring conference. Feeling that people would do a little more ‘penny pinching’, we planned our expenses conservatively. Using financial reports from previous conferences, all committee members were to submit a budget. In the end, each member stayed under budget. Expenses from the hotel were also lower compared to previous services at other facilities. We added minimal amounts to meals, including 17% gratuity, to round the numbers. The DJ, an AA member, offered his services for exchange of one night’s lodging. Thanks to the Spring 2008 conference committee, the Area now has a banner that is not dated and saved us that expense. In all, our financial success was the result of greater-than-expected attendance and the registration fees we collected. Just as important was the fund-raising and requested financial support we drummed up in the district to pay for the $1400 of hospitality food we purchased from the hotel. We collected almost that amount from district donations and from the sale of tickets for the donated quilted wall hanging. We had no expenses for our meeting space, but offered a $100 donation to the church where we met, in gratitude for the use of their building.

Brief information regarding expenses and income are as follows:
Hotel expense……………. $9000.66
Conference expense……. $5868.71 Total…………………… $14869.37

Conference seed money $500.00
Profit……………………… $3031.95

Attendance…………. 490 (277 pre-registered; 213 walk-ins) Registration income……. $6796.00
Dinner…………………. 209
Breakfast…………….. 137

I have copies of reports from each committee member available upon request. The complete binder, including a disk of all printing and publicity artwork will be available at the Archives office.

Annette D.
Fall 2008 Area 75 Conference Chair


The 2009 Spring Conference planning is proceeding well with virtually all areas currently on or ahead of schedule despite some changeover in the membership of the planning committee.

Continued progress is anticipated and expected with participation on par with other similar events.


Our last committee meeting was on 12/21/08. Our next committee meeting is scheduled for next week, Sunday the 25th of January at 12:30 pm at the Gratitude Club in Fond du Lac.

A lot has happened since our last report to you which was given to you at the Pre-Conference Assembly in September of this past year.

Our program chair was replaced with 2 Co-Chairs. Friday night speaker Irene from GSO was replaced by Mary Claire L.. of GSO. Saturday night speaker Lyle P. was replaced by Steve L. Alanon speaker for Saturday remains Craig M. and Sunday speaker remains John S.

Our full conference committee took a field trip to the Heidel House facility on October 19, 2008. After which a complete panel, speaker, assembly, and committee’s room layout was established and put to paper along with a time schedule.

Our November and December meetings were primarily devoted to the budget in and effort to have banquet and breakfast prices as well as the registration fee available for the printer of the registration forms that will be available at the Spring Conference in Racine on May 15th – 17th, 2009. Budget should be confirmed at our meeting next Sunday.

Please be forewarned that our committee chair people, co-chairs, and/or other members of their committees may be contacting you the members of this Assembly for the purpose of serving as: MC’s for the panels, panelists, greeters, registration helpers, decorators, or chairpersons of an Alkathon meeting.

It’s an honor and a privilege to be of service.

Respectfully submitted,

Jeffery Z.
Co-Chair 2009 Fall Conference

Jeff asked for DCMs to pick-up two flyers each.

No report given.

As of today everything is going good. I’m putting together a team of people that are very much into service work. I’ve got all the chairs filled. We’re doing our best effort to make this Conference one of the greatest Conferences ever. I’ve told all the chairs that this is a two plus year commitment so it seems to me that these people are very loyal people.

Kenneth N.
Chairperson 2011 Spring Conference

WICYPAA – Chris L.
January 30th, 31st in Oconomowoc.
Wisconsin BID for ICYPAA is going to Atlanta to bid.
Email - Clemke007@hotmail.com get report from Chris


My name is Jim and I am an Alcoholic. I am here this afternoon representing the Greater Milwaukee Central Office as Interim Director. Gene is on leave of absence until May 1st. For those of you not familiar with the office, our hours of operation are 9 am to 6 pm Monday thru Friday and a Saturday meeting at 3 pm. Our store hours are the same as our hours of operation and we carry an extensive selection of AA approved literature and also a selection of non-conference approved. We man a 24 hour a day hotline.

2009 will see the office enter a transition period with opportunities and challenges. We are in the process of implementing a new computer software package. This should improve our efficiency. We will focus on our inventory to better serve our customers. Gene will be retiring. Gene’s service to the fellowship will be missed. He was the perfect person to establish the viable Central Office we are blessed to have in the Greater Milwaukee Area. Our Board of Directors will be challenged to find an individual to replace Gene and provide a model of continuous improvement of the office practices.

I am here today to begin to address one of those opportunities for improvement. It is imperative that we improve the lines of communication between the Central Office, the Districts, and the Area. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety. This can only be accomplished thru unity. I hope to meet with the chairs of the Area committees and DCMs to determine how we can open the lines of communication in order to best serve our fellowship and the still suffering alcoholic.

In closing, I would like to express my gratitude for allowing me the opportunity to share. I find it difficult to read a prepared report rather just talk without a filter, however, I find it impossible to talk from my heart and limit it to under two minutes.

I can be reached at 414-771-9119 from 8:15 am until 1 pm Monday thru Friday or by email at jim@aamilwaukee.com. Again, in an effort to improve communications you can also communicate with the Board of Directors by email at board@aamilwaukee.com

Thank you

MAICO – Ken G.

No written report provided.


If anyone is thinking about a conference for Spring 2012 talk to George and that time Area 75 will be going to 1 conference a year.


Reviewed the proposal process for submitting the proposals and how they are placed on the Agenda and committee membership for the proposal process. 3 proposals were submitted and all of them were sent to their respective committees. Two proposals were related to conferences. 1 Proposal was not recommended to not be placed on the Agenda, the other proposal related to raising the seed money was placed on the Agenda. Information will be sent out to the DCMs so they can start discussing.

The other item placed on the Agenda was a proposal approved by the Literature Committee that a new AA Conference Approved pamphlet for Veterans to be placed on the Agenda for the 2010 General Service Conference.

Question from the floor – for the item not placed on the Agenda, will we know why it was not placed on the Agenda. Response from the Chair – that in order to get more in line with the General Service Conference that a rejected proposal goes back to the submitting body and they can resubmit it. Part of this is to avoid debate of the issues at this meeting.

Question from the floor – if a proposal is rejected can the author meet with the Committee to get feedback. Response: guidelines – the presenter of the proposal should be at the Committee when the proposal is being discussed. We are still working out the bugs in the new process.

Question from the floor – is there a written report for a rejected proposal? Response: no there is not any written documentation at this point in the process.

Nancy G. – clarified that anything that is discussed in Standing Committees give a report of the business that happens in their committee’s report.

Clarification of submitting an idea to be placed on the Agenda. We want people submit ideas.


Proposal Sponsor: Howard Paulbicke
Phone: 262-798-3583
Sponsor’s Service Position: Conference Advisory Chairperson

Provide complete details of your proposal (attach any supporting documentation):
To increase the amount of seed money advanced for Area 75 Conferences from $500.00 to $1,000.00. The Area 75 Conference Advisor requests the funds on behalf of the hosting conference committee. If funds in excess of $1,000.00 are requested, such increase will be subject to approval by the Area 75 Finance Committee.

Benefits/Background/Additional Information:
1) Seed money is needed for start-up costs for Area Conferences. These costs include, but are not limited to, opening a PO Box, ordering checks, and printing. Funds may also be required for a facility deposit. The amount of these costs has increased significantly since the last increase was approved in 2002.
2) Previous Assembly action, Chapter 3 – Conferences and Workshops, Section A. Action dated 2002/03/03 – “Increase the conference seed money from $300.00 to $500.00.”

Estimated Funding Required:
Conferences are bid three years in advance. Therefore, $2,000 to $3,000 may be outstanding at any one time, depending on the timing of the funds needed by the conference committees. Seed money is returned to the Area treasury at the conclusion of the conferences.

Area 75 Proposal Form

Proposal Sponsor: John Baddaker & Randy Rodgness
Sponsors Phone: John Baddaker 262 538-3829
Randy Rogness 414 906-6685

Sponsors Service Position: Area 75 CPC and Literature Chairs

Describe your proposal. (Attach any supporting documentation)

This proposal is for a new AA Conference Approved brochure or pamphlet for Military Veterans suffering from Alcoholism.

Today, there are more Veterans than Active Duty Military personnel. In 2006, the US Census Bureau estimated 24.5 million Military Veterans live in the United States this number includes Veterans dating back to World War I. Currently, Veterans from seven wars and conflicts are receiving treatment for alcoholism in VA Medical Centers and clinics in our state. Many are Veterans walking in off the streets. There are too many still suffering alcoholic Veterans who are home bound, in shelters or homeless.

In years to come, there will be many more potential alcoholics returning home from current or future military conflicts. We want the hand of A.A. always to be there and for that we are responsible.

Fact: Veterans are part of AA history. Bill Wilson, one of our founding fathers was a WW I veteran.

Bill describes his experience in the first three paragraphs in Chapter 1.

Fact: in 1945, Dr. Gilbert King, a WWI Veteran and resident of VA Facility in Woods, WI, carried the first AA message to the Milwaukee City Jail as noted in a letter from Bill Wilson and on display at the Area 75 Archives.

The AA and the Armed Services pamphlet was created in 1974 just after the Vietnam War. It was last revised in 2003 but still only addresses active duty Military personnel not veterans. We felt adding veteran stories to this pamphlet would take away from the primary purpose of the original publication. The needs of Veterans are entirely different in nature and it was decided a new publication would best serve the veteran cause.

List the primary benefits of your proposal to the area.

The new brochure would be a vital 12 step tool for all members of Area 75 and Alcoholics Anonymous as a whole. New stories reflecting the experience, strength and hope of veterans recovering from Alcoholism could be carried to other still suffering alcoholics at VA hospitals, clinics, doctor’s offices, counselors, homeless shelters and anywhere a veteran reaches out for help.

January 15, 2009 was the last day to submit new agenda items to the upcoming General Service Conference but we can still get the lengthy approval process going today. We can ask our Literature Chairperson John B. to forward the proposal to the districts and groups for consideration.

Costs to the area: NONE

In the Spirit of Service,


Tom Mitchell

GSR When and Where Group

Outside AA Sponsor Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center


Delegate’s Workshop – March 29, 2009 – District 8

Preconference Assembly - April 19, 2009– District 20

The coffee volunteer is to take the coffee supplies with them at the end of today’s meeting and replenish supplies from the donation can if needed. Coffee pots are supplied by the Madison Center, which opens at 8:00 AM the day of the event. The coffee volunteer is responsible for clean up of the coffee pots and transfer of supplies to the next volunteer at the end of the day.


The following videos were shown:

The meeting closed at 3:10 pm with the Responsibility Declaration:

When anyone, anywhere reaches out, I want the hand of A.A. always to be there, and for that; I am responsible!”

Upcoming events:

02/13/09- 02/15/09 - ECR Conference of Delegates Past and Present in Springfield, IL
03/29/09 - Delegate's Workshop at the Madison Senior Center
04/19/09 - Pre-Conference Assembly at the Madison Senior Center
04/26/09 thru 05/02/09 - General Service Conference in New York
05/15/09 thru 05/17/09 - Spring Conference in Racine (Delegate's Report)
06/28/09 - Summer Service Meeting at the Monona Community Center, 1101 Nichols Rd., Monona, WI – Note the address and location change due to remodeling at the Madison Senior Center
08/07/09 thru 08/09/09 - ECR Conference in Peoria, IL
09/27/09 - Pre-Conference Assembly at the Madison Senior Center
11/06/09 thru 11/08/09 - Fall Conference in Green Lake (Area Inventory)
11/13/09 thru 11/15/09 - ECR Forum in Kalamazoo, MI